Armasight is excited to introduce its latest and most technologically advanced family of Apollo Thermal Imaging clip-on systems to the sporting, law enforcement and military markets. The Apollo product line developed based on the latest FLIR Tau 2 VOx microbolometer core and optimizing performance, price, and state-of-the-art technology for a variety of users, from the committed hunter to the military designated marksman.
The Apollo is an un-cooled long-wave thermal clip-on device intended to mount in front of the existing magnified day sight. The immediate advantages of this approach of converting the day scope into a thermal imaging device include no change in cheek weld, no change in trigger reach, and continued use of existing ballistic reticles in the day scope. The 24/7 mission capability is only one of the strengths of the Apollo. The thermal imaging technology also allows you to detect targets by cutting through snow, dust, smoke, fog, haze, and other atmospheric obscurants.
The Armasight Apollo eliminates the traditional requirement of removing your existing day scope from your rifle, to replace it with a dedicated thermal sight (which would also involve re-zeroing). The Apollo simply mounts in front of your own standard daytime optical sight. Factory bore-sighted to tolerances of less than 1 MOA, no re-zeroing is required. The Apollo allows the user to maintain consistent eye relief and shooting position, and because the user views his own day scopes reticle (which he is familiar with), no re-training is required.
SPECIAL USER-ADJUSTABLE IMAGING TOOLS
- Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) – a digital “Contrast” correction that allows for a smart scene optimization based on dynamic adjustments where a variety of contrast levels occur depending on relative scene temperature.
- Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) – a “Sharpness” correction that is digitally enhances the picture to present clearer imagery, significantly improves edge sharpening and further reduces image noise.
- Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) – a fine-tuning computational correction that significantly improves an overall visual acuity for targets that have thermal signatures similar to a surrounding background.
- Information-Based Histogram Equalization (IBHEQ) – a “Sky/Sea” enhancement – information based environment dependent algorithm that automatically adjusts camera gain and excludes pixels determined to not contain critical information, specifically helpful in scenes with lots of sky or water.
- User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction/Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/FFC). There is a mechanical shutter between the camera sensor and the lens. This shutter is used to perform a non-uniformity correction (NUC) also known as flat-field correction (FFC. During FFC, the shutter presents a uniform temperature source to each detector element in the array. While imaging the flat-field source, the camera updates the offset correction coefficients, resulting in a more uniform image after the process is complete. All Zeus models allow for user to manually trigger or interrupt scheduled UCMNUC/FFC function.
- Silent Shutter-less NUC ™ (SSN) – In addition to user controlled manual NUC/FFC all Zeus models employ a digital supplemental non-mechanical flat-field correction that allows to extend the periods between mechanical shutter events and to further reduce image noise. SSN is always ON enhancement.
- 24/7 Thermal Operation even in the presence of smoke, dust, haze, and fog.
- Easily attached the Apollo thermal on to your existing day riflescope.
- MIL-810G rugged, glass fiber reinforced construction.
- Reliable, quick-release locking weapon mount.
- FLIR Quark 217μm Pitch Thermal Sensor.
- Objective Germanium Lens.
- Easy and Intuitive Drop-down menu and icon based.
- Digital compass and inclinometer.
- Color Modes: White Hot/ Black Hot/ Rainbow/ Various Color Modes.
- Extended Operation Time with Optional Extended Battery Pack.
- Recording: Video Output /Optional Video Recorder with on board replay.
- Water and fog proof with one batter operation.
- SVGA 800x600 OLED Display.
- Wireless 5-button remote control.
- Polarity Control (black hot/white hot).
- Simple, intuitive 3-button controls.
- Limited 3 Year Warranty.
- 10 Year Warranty on FLIR detector.
- MADE IN THE USA!!
Armasight© Night Vision products are guaranteed to be free from manufacturing defects in both material and workmanship under normal use for a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase. In the event that a defect covered by the warranty occurs during the applicable period stated above, Armasight, at its discretion, will either repair or replace the product; such action on the part of Armasight shall be the full extent of Armasight's liability, and the Customer's sole and exclusive reparation.
ARMASIGHT EXPORT POLICY
The U.S. Department of State’s Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security, and the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control administer export control regulations that affect some aspects of our business. We request that you (the “Customer”) read and familiarize yourself with the following regarding certain applicable export regulations.
The sale, transfer, transportation, or shipment outside of the U.S. of any product prohibited or restricted for export without complying with U.S. export control laws and regulations, including proper export licensing, documentation or authorization, is strictly prohibited and may result in civil penalties and/or constitute a federal crime. Armasight Inc. will not engage in any transaction that requires the illegal export of any products and will not assist directly or indirectly with the illegal export or re-export of any products.
Apollo Thermal Clip-on, Remote Control, Picatinny Adapter, Video Cable, Batteries, Case, Lens Cloth, Lens Cap, Light Suppressors, Battery Adapter, Battery Charger
Dimensions & Specifications
Objective Lens Type:
Focal Plane Array:
FLIR Tau 2
Pixel Array Format:
AMOLED SVGA 060
Pixel Display Format:
Discretely adjustable to 8 levels
Turn on Time:
Angle of View:
11° x 9°
5 meters to Infinity
2 CR123 Lithium 3V
Up to 4 hours (Optional 12 hours
-40° to +122°F
-58° to +158°F
8.5" x 2.8" x 3.2"
Height of Scope Axis above Rail:
40 mm (1.57"
Warranty on FLIR Detector:
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Default manufacturer warranty.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.