Armasight Prometheus is the latest and most technologically advanced Thermal Imaging monocular to enter the sporting, law enforcement, and military markets. The Prometheus product line is based on the latest FLIR Tau 2 VOx microbolometer core, and is available in a variety of models – each optimizing performance, price, and state-of-the-art technology for myriad uses and mission applications.
The 24/7 mission capability is only one of the strengths of Prometheus. The thermal imaging technology also allows you to detect targets by cutting through snow, dust, smoke, fog, haze, and other atmospheric obscurants. Unlike the use of laser targeting or near-infrared illumination to augment night vision equipment, the Prometheus thermal imager is extremely difficult to detect with other devices, as it emits no visible light or RF energy.
SPECIAL USER-ADJUSTABLE IMAGING TOOLS
- Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) – a digital “Contrast” correction that allows for a smart scene optimization based on dynamic adjustments where a variety of contrast levels occur depending on relative scene temperature.
- Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) – a “Sharpness” correction that is digitally enhances the picture to present clearer imagery, significantly improves edge sharpening and further reduces image noise.
- Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) – a fine-tuning computational correction that significantly improves an overall visual acuity for targets that have thermal signatures similar to a surrounding background.
- Information-Based Histogram Equalization (IBHEQ) – a “Sky/Sea” enhancement – information based environment dependent algorithm that automatically adjusts camera gain and excludes pixels determined to not contain critical information, specifically helpful in scenes with lots of sky or water.
- User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction/Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/FFC). There is a mechanical shutter between the camera sensor and the lens. This shutter is used to perform a non-uniformity correction (NUC) also known as flat-field correction (FFC. During FFC, the shutter presents a uniform temperature source to each detector element in the array. While imaging the flat-field source, the camera updates the offset correction coefficients, resulting in a more uniform image after the process is complete. All Zeus models allow for user to manually trigger or interrupt scheduled UCMNUC/FFC function.
- Silent Shutter-less NUC ™ (SSN) – In addition to user controlled manual NUC/FFC all Zeus models employ a digital supplemental non-mechanical flat-field correction that allows to extend the periods between mechanical shutter events and to further reduce image noise. SSN is always ON enhancement.
- The lightest and most compact scope in its class.
- Easy and Intuitive Drop-down user interface.
- Digital E-Zoom: 1x, 2x, and 4x.
- Color Modes: White Hot/ Black Hot/ Rainbow/ Various Color Modes.
- Extended Operation Time with Optional Extended Battery Pack.
- Recording: Video Output /Optional Video Recorder with on board replay.
- Water and fog resistant.
- Rapid start-up.
- Limited 3 Year Warranty.
- 10 Year Warranty on FLIR detector.
Armasight© Night Vision products are guaranteed to be free from manufacturing defects in both material and workmanship under normal use for a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase. In the event that a defect covered by the warranty occurs during the applicable period stated above, Armasight, at its discretion, will either repair or replace the product; such action on the part of Armasight shall be the full extent of Armasight's liability, and the Customer's sole and exclusive reparation.
The U.S. Department of State’s Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security, and the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control administer export control regulations that affect some aspects of our business. We request that you (the “Customer”) read and familiarize yourself with the following regarding certain applicable export regulations.
The sale, transfer, transportation, or shipment outside of the U.S. of any product prohibited or restricted for export without complying with U.S. export control laws and regulations, including proper export licensing, documentation or authorization, is strictly prohibited and may result in civil penalties and/or constitute a federal crime. Armasight Inc. will not engage in any transaction that requires the illegal export of any products and will not assist directly or indirectly with the illegal export or re-export of any products.
Prometheus 640 Thermal Monocular, Picatinny Adapter, Wireless Remote, Case, Video Cable, Batteries
Dimensions & Specifications
Objective Lens Type:
Focal Plane Array:
FLIR Tau 2
Pixel Display Format:
Pixel Array Format:
Adjustable to 8 levels
3 seconds (max)
1, 2, 4, and 8x
Optional w/ SD card slot
Field of View:
24° x 20°
5 meters to Infinity
Diopter Adjustment Range: ±5
Two CR123A 3V Lithium
4 Hours, (Optional 12)
7.1" x 2.7" x 2.4"
FLIR Detector Warranty:
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Default manufacturer warranty.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.