Celestron CGE PRO Counterweight
The Celestron CGEM DX telescope mount is the newest member of Celestron's fully computerized Equatorial mount series capable of carrying Celestron’s high-end 11" and 14" optical tubes. The CGE PRO style, 2.75" leg tripod holds even the 14" optics securely while dampening vibration, which is ideal for both imaging and visual observing. Capable of holding 50 lbs of payload and slewing at 5° per second, you will be able to instantly point to any of the celestial objects in the database.
Ergonomic Design - CGEM DX was designed to be ergonomically friendly with large Altitude and Azimuth adjustment knobs for quick and easy polar alignment adjustment. The internal RA and DEC motor wiring provides a clean look and an easy and trouble free set up.
Innovation - The CGEM DX series has a new innovative Polar alignment procedure called All-Star™. All-Star allows users to choose any bright star, while the software calculates and assists with polar alignment. Another great feature of the CGEM DX sure to please astroimagers, is the Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PEC) which will allow users to train out the worm gears periodic errors, while the mount retains the PEC recordings.
Performance - For objects near the Meridian (imaginary line passing from North to South), the CGEM DX will track well past the Meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the most ideal part of the sky. The CGEM DX mount has a robust database with over 40,000 objects, 100 user defined programmable objects and enhanced information on over 200 objects.
Power Management - Redesigned electronics deliver constant regulated power to the motors making them capable of driving the telescope even when not perfectly balanced. This allows the CGEM DX to have the payload capacity of that of much larger mounts without sacrificing smooth tracking motion and pointing accuracy across the entire sky.
- Holds a maximum instrument capacity of 50 lbs
- CGEM DX Computerized Equatorial Mount
- Ultra sturdy 2.75" steel tripod with Accessory Tray
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Software Features include: Mount Calibration, Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five Alignment Procedures, and user-defined slew limits
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- Permanent Programmable Periodic Error Correction (PEC) - corrects for periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives
- Steel worm gear and 90 mm pitch diameter brass worm wheel
- Drive Motors - Low Cog DC Servo motor with integrated optical encoders offer smooth, quiet operation and long life. The motor armatures are skewed to minimize cogging which is required for low speed tracking
- Internal cable wiring for trouble-free setup and transportation
- Designated six-pin RJ-12 modular jack, ST-4 compatible guide port
- Autoguide port and Auxiliary ports located on the electronic plate for long exposure astrophotography
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- RS-232 communication port on hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- Precision machined 40 mm diameter steel Polar shafts supported by multiple tapered roller bearings and ball bearings
- GPS-compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory
- MOUNT: Computerized Equatorial
- TRIPOD: Adjustable, Stainless Steel
- CD ROM: NexRemote control software with RS232 cable
- POWER SUPPLY: Car battery adapter
- TRIPOD WEIGHT: 45 lbs (20.41 kg)
- MOUNT WEIGHT: 41 lbs (18.6 kg)
- COUNTERWEIGHTS: 1 x 22 lbs
- MOTOR DRIVE: Low cog DC Servo motors with encoders, both axes
- COMPUTER HAND CONTROL: Double line, 16 character Liquid Crystal Display; 19 fiber optic backlit LED buttons
- PAYLOAD CAPACITY: 50 lbs (22.68 kg)
- LATITUDE RANGE: 15° to 70°
- SLEW SPEEDS: Nine slew speeds: 5 °/sec, 2 °/sec, 1 °/sec, 64x, 16x, 8x, 4x, 1x, .5x
- TRACKING RATES: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- TRACKING MODES: EQ North and EQ South
- ALIGNMENT PROCEDURES: AutoAlign, 2-Star Align, Quick Align, 1-Star Align, Last Alignment, Solar System Align
- DATABASE: 40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects
- POWER REQUIREMENTS: 12 VDC 3.5 Amps
- GPS: Optional SkySync GPS Accessory
Only ships in contiguous USA.
Dimensions & Specifications
Telescope Accessories Series
Celestron Telescope Mounts
Celestron CGEM Telescopes
Marketplace Type Code
DocumentationDownload Celestron CGEM DX Telescope Equatorial Mount User Manual
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Default manufacturer warranty.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of