Celestron Computerized Telescope Accessory Bundle
Designed to be an affordable entry-level to mid-level, computerized GOTO telescope, the Celestron NexStar SLT 102 Refractor is loaded with valuable design features. With pre-assembled, adjustable stainless steel tripods and quick-release fork arms and tubes, the NexStar SLT telescope can be set up in a matter of minutes - no tools required!
You'll see details of the lunar surface, Venus and its phases, Mars resolved as an orange disc, Jupiter and four moons, Saturn with rings plainly visible and much more! NexStar SLT refractors like the 102 SLT can also be used as land-based spotting scopes.
Powered by 8 AA user=supplied batteries, an optional AC adapter, optional car-battery adapter, or powertank power source, these NexStar GOTO's love to travel. The internal battery compartment provides power to the high precision servo motors for rigid low-vibration performance while eliminating cord wrap issues associated with external battery packs.
With the NexStar SLT's ergonomically engineered hand controller, the user is free to remove the hand control from its holder for remote use or leave it cradled for hands-free operation. With a touch of a button you can select the object catalog, change the slew speed, view fascinating information about an object, or simply find out whether a desired object is visible in the sky.
Standard Features & Accessories
- Computerized hand controller with 4000-plus-object database
- Quick-release fork-arm mount, optical tube and accessory tray for quick set-up
- Comes with "The Sky" Level 1 planetarium software and NSOL telescope control software for controlling the telescope via computer; requires the optional Celestron Computer Cable
- Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use
- Sturdy stainless steel tripod
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as an optional GPS accessory
- Motorized altazimuth mount and fully computerized hand controller
- US and International city database for easy location settings
- Flash upgradeable hand-controller software and motor-control unit
About Celestron Refractor Telescopes
Celestron’s high-quality refractor telescopes allow beginners to improve upon Galileo’s vision with a simple, reliable design that is easy to use, requires minimal maintenance, and is versatile enough for land or sky viewing. Known for viewing planetary detail and splitting close double-stars.
A refractor telescope uses a lens as the primary. The lens at the front of the telescope bends the light passing through it until it comes to a single point called the “focal plane”. The long, thin tubes of refractor telescopes look much the same as those Galileo used centuries ago. High quality optical glass and multi-coatings provide today’s sky watchers views Galileo never dreamed of.
The refractor type of telescope is very popular with individuals who want mechanical simplicity, rugged reliability and ease of use. Because the focal length is limited by the length of the tube, refractor telescopes become quite bulky and expensive beyond a four inch aperture. This limits the light gathering properties of refractor telescopes, but it is an excellent choice for beginners and those who prefer simple operation and versatility. Refractor telescopes are also a popular choice because of their unobstructed view, high contrast and good definition.
- Easy to set-up and use
- Simple and reliable design requires little or no maintenance
- Excellent for lunar, planetary and binary star observing especially in larger apertures
- Good for terrestrial viewing
- High contrast images with no secondary mirror or diagonal obstruction
- Color correction is good in achromatic designs and excellent in apochromatic and fluorite designs
- Sealed optical tube reduces image-degrading air currents and protects optics
- Objective lens is permanently mounted and aligned
- More expensive per inch of aperture than Newtonians or Catadioptrics
- Heavier, longer and bulkier than equivalent aperture Newtonians and Catadioptrics
- The cost and size factors limit the practical maximum size primary to smaller apertures
- Some color aberration in achromatic designs (doublet)
\The Sky\" Astronomy Software"
Dimensions & Specifications
Good for Astrophotography
Highest Useful Magnification
Objective Lens Size Code
Viewing the Planets
Viewing Galaxies/Star Clusters
Viewing the Moon
Celestron NexStar SLT Telescopes
For the Enthusiast
DocumentationDownload Celestron NexStar 102 SLT Instruction Manual
Download Celestron NexStar SLT Telescopes Information Sheet
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Celestron has a limited lifetime binocular and spotting scope warranty and all other products have a 2 year manufacturer's warranty covers against defects is provided. If you have specific questions about this product's warranty please contact Celestron's Customer Service department at 310-328-9560.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of