Let a Celestron NexStar SE Telescope help you find thousands of stars, planets, galaxies and more at the touch of a button!
In the tradition of Celestron's famous orange optical tubes, the NexStar SE Family combines the classic heritage of the original orange tube telescopes with state-of-the-art features, including a fully computerized operating system, flash upgradeable hand control, superior optical coatings, and much more.
With the NexStar SE, you are in the driver's seat. Simply choose an object from the menu and the telescope will find it for you. Using our patented NexStar technology, the SE scopes have the ability to locate nearly 40,000 objects. All you have to do is look through the eyepiece and enjoy the view!
Don't know what object to choose? Let the intelligent NexStar SE lead you on a guided tour of the night sky! The "Tour" feature offers a customized list of the best objects in the sky to view for your exact time and location, anywhere in the world!
Not only can your NexStar SE find objects, it can teach you about them as well. Information on the most popular objects can be viewed in the LCD screen of your hand control.
Whether you are a seasoned astronomer looking for a portable telescope with advanced features, or just starting your astronomy adventure and looking for an easy way to enjoy the night sky, a NexStar SE will help you take a closer look.
The days of complicated telescope assembly and setup are over. NexStar SE telescopes can be set up in a matter of minutes with no tools required!
Celestron NexStar SE Key Features
- Computerized hand control with nearly 40,000 object database & motorized altazimuth mount.
- Quick release optical tube offers easy, no-tool setup.
- StarBright XLT enhances coatings for maximum light transmission and clarity.
- Flash upgradeable hand control lets you update your telescope's software via the internet.
- Internal battery compartment prevents cord wrap during use.
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software for advanced control of your telescope via computer.
- "THE SKY" Planetarium software features a 10,000 object database, printable sky maps, and enhanced images.
About Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescopes
Celestron’s excellent Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes are compact and portable and represent the best all-purpose design for a wide variety of uses from terrestrial and deep sky viewing to astrophotography.
Catadioptrics use a combination of mirrors and lenses to "fold" (reflect) the light path and form an image. In a Schmidt-Cassegrain, the light enters through a thin aspheric Schmidt correcting lens. It then strikes the spherical primary mirror. It is reflected back up the tube and intercepted by a small secondary mirror which reflects the light out an opening in the rear of the instrument where the image is formed at the eyepiece.
Catadioptrics are the most popular and most modern type of telescope optical design and are marketed throughout the world in 3.5" and larger apertures. Catadioptric telescopes combine the practical advantages of lenses and mirrors while eliminating their disadvantages. They offer the clarity and contrast of refractors with the low aberration of reflectors. Catadioptrics have an average focal ratio of f/10, which is wide enough for all types of photography. They are also easier to maintain because all optical elements are solidly mounted and rigidly collimated. Catadioptric telescopes provide the best possible combination of light gathering power, long focal length, portability and affordability.
- Very versatile, best all-purpose telescope design
- Combines the optical advantages of both lenses and mirrors while eliminating their disadvantages
- Excellent optics and razor sharp images over a wide field
- Excellent for deep sky observing and astrophotography as well as terrestrial viewing
- Very good for lunar, planetary and binary star observing
- Focal ratio generally around f/10, it also has the best near focus capability of any type of telescope
- Closed tube design reduces image-degrading air currents
- Extremely compact and portable
- Easy to use, durable and virtually maintenance free
- Large apertures at reasonable cost and less expensive than equivalent aperture refractors
- More accessories available than with other types of telescopes
- More expensive than Newtonians of equal aperture
- Slight light loss due to secondary mirror obstruction compared to refractors The Maksutov-Cassegrain is similar to the Schmidt-Cassegrain with essentially the same advantages and disadvantages. It uses a thick meniscus correcting lens with a strong curvature and a secondary mirror that is usually an aluminized spot on the corrector. The Maksutov secondary
NexStar 6SE Telescope, Tripod, 25mm Eyepiece, StarPointer Finderscope, NexRemote Software, \The-Sky\" CD-ROM"
Dimensions & Specifications
Good for Astrophotography
Highest Useful Magnification
Single Fork Arm-Altazimuth
Objective Lens Size Code
Viewing the Moon
Viewing the Planets
Viewing Galaxies/Star Clusters
Celestron NexStar SE Telescopes
For the Beginner
For the Enthusiast
DocumentationDownload Celestron NexStar 6SE Telescope User Manual
Download Celestron NexStar SE Telescope Quick Set-Up Guide
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Celestron has a limited lifetime binocular and spotting scope warranty and all other products have a 2 year manufacturer's warranty covers against defects is provided. If you have specific questions about this product's warranty please contact Celestron's Customer Service department at 310-328-9560.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.