Celestron NexStar 8SE Telescope combined with the all new Celestron StarSense AutoAlign Accessory
An 8 inch telescope is the right amount of aperture for viewing just about anything in the night sky. The Celestron NexStar 8 SE Telescope sets up and breaks down quickly (check out the video) and is great for taking to dark sky locations.
The largest of the NexStar SE family with 78% more light gathering than a 6-inch model, the Celestron NexStar 8 SE Telescope will enable you to see deep into the universe. The distinctive patented fork arm with ergonomically designed integrated hand control cradle gives solid support to Celestron’s classic 8-inch optics. The Celestron NexStar 8 SE Telescope features Schmidt-Cassegrain 8-inch aperture optics with Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings and a powerful 2,032mm focal length and f/10 focal ratio.
The Celestron NexStar 8 SE Telescope has all the same features as Celestron’s most advanced computerized GoTo telescopes, including the revolutionary SkyAlign™ alignment technology, a sky tour feature, a database of over 40,000 celestial objects and easy to use hand control.
The universe may be full of mysteries, but using the NexStar 8 SE isn’t one of them.
Whether you are a seasoned astronomer looking for a portable scope with advanced features, or just starting your astronomy adventure and looking for an easy way to enjoy the night sky, a Celestron NexStar SE telescope will help you take a closer look.
Every Celestron NexStar SE telescope includes a version of The Sky® software Level 1 Planetarium Software for exploring the Universe on your PC and printing out custom star charts of the sky. In addition, you receive the Celestron NexRemote software that allows you to operate your telescope via your PC. Software package valued at over $100 included free with your NexStar SE Telescope!
General Features for the Celestron NexStar 8SE Telescope
- 8-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope
- SE combines the classic heritage of the original orange tube telescopes with the latest state-of-the-art features
- StarBright XLT high transmission coatings come standard
- Quick-release fork arm mount, optical tube, and accessory tray for no-tool setup
- Celestron's unique patented single fork arm with integral hand control design provides a rigid and smooth operating structure for the optical tube
- Sturdy computerized altazimuth mount
- Ultra-sturdy steel tripod with accessory tray
- Star diagonal provides more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
Computerized Auto-Locating GoTo Technology
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- 40,000 object database with 200 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash-upgradable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable star; solar systems; objects and asterisms
- DC Servo motors with encoders on both axes
- Autoguider port for long exposure astrophotography
- Double line, 16-character Liquid Crystal Display Hand Control with backlit LED buttons for easy operation of goto features
- NexRemote telescope control software and RS-232 cable included for advanced control of your telescope via computer
Using the Celestron NexStar 8SE Telescope
The NexStar 8SE is powered in the field by 8 AA batteries. How long the batteries last is highly variable. The more objects you have the telescopes slew to and the longer your observing sessions are will vary how long the batteries last.
Selecting Eyepieces for the Celestron 8SE Telescope
The NexStar 8SE Telescope includes a 25mm (81x the naked eye) eyepiece. This eyepiece is great to get you started with your new telescope, but to complete the viewing experience you will want to get more eyepieces. The NexStar 8SE Telescope comes standard ready for 1.25 Inch Format telescope eyepieces
Celestron StarSense AutoAlign
The revolutionary technology in the award-winning SkyProdigy telescope is now available for almost every Celestron computerized telescope.
Before StarSense, using a computerized telescope required a lengthy alignment process of finding and centering at least two bright stars in the telescope’s eyepiece. But StarSense automatically aligns itself, no user input needed. With StarSense, you become an instant astronomer—even if you’ve never used a telescope before.
StarSense is not only compatible with all of Celestron’s current computerized telescope models, but backwards compatible with many older models as well.
The StarSense Accessory includes a small digital camera that attaches to the telescope’s optical tube, along with a specialized hand controller. Just set up the accessory, push the Align button on the hand controller, and StarSense starts capturing and comparing images of the night sky against its internal database of 40,000 celestial objects. In about three minutes, StarSense will gather enough information to triangulate its position and align itself. Then, press the Sky Tour button: StarSense will automatically slew to all the best stars, planets, galaxies, and more based on your exact time and location.
Even the most advanced telescope users will love using the affordable StarSense Accessory. StarSense replaces expensive software used for Advanced Mount Modeling, providing superior pointing accuracy from horizon to horizon. Users can add as many calibration stars as desired to give their telescope mount a new level of accuracy.
Dimensions & Specifications
For the Expert
Viewing the Moon
Objective Lens Size Code
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Default manufacturer warranty.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.