- A truly revolutionary product with ground breaking technology, the Celestron SkyProdigy 130 Telescope is the product of a culmination of decades of telescope advancements. It combines electronic motors, an intelligent on-board computer, a digital camera and StarSense™ technology to create an automatic, instant alignment telescope that requires no input from the user. Simply turn it on, push a button and enjoy the view! It’s that easy.
The Smartest Telescope In The Universe
- SkyProdigy’s automatic alignment process takes only a few minutes, and you will be ready to select from thousands of objects in its database to view. Not quite sure what to look at? Select the Sky Tour option; this feature offers a customized list of the best objects in the sky to view for your exact time and location anywhere in the world!
One Touch Innovation Turns Anyone Into An Instant Astronomer!
- Celestron’s SkyProdigy telescopes use an integrated imaging camera and patented StarSense Technology to automatically align with the night sky and determine where the telescope is currently pointing. The camera automatically captures an image of the sky, which is processed internally to positively identify stars in the image. Once a positive match is found, SkyProdigy determines the coordinates of the center of the captured image. The process is automatically repeated two additional times so that the system has three known alignment points that can be used to make an accurate model of the night sky. With this information, the user can select any celestial object in the hand controller’s database, and SkyProdigy will automatically move itself to the correct position.
- Fully Automatic Alignment Procedure
- Fully Computerized Altazimuth Mount
- Quick-Release Fork Arm Mount and Optical Tube for Easy, Quick No Tool Set Up
- Sturdy Stainless Steel Tripod and Accessory Tray
- Battery Pack Providing Over 30 Hours of Power
- “TheSkyX – First Light Edition” astronomy software with a 10,000 object database
- Proven Computer Control Technology
- Database Allows Telescope to Automatically Locate Over 4,000 Celestial Objects
- Proprietary StarSense Technology Provides a Completely Automatic Alignment Process With No User Intervention Required
Celestron 2 Year Warranty
- Celestron warrants your product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for two years. Celestron will repair or replace such product or part thereof which, upon inspection by Celestron, is found to be defective in materials or workmanship. As a condition to the obligation of Celestron to repair or replace such product, the product must be returned to Celestron together with proof-of-purchase satisfactory to Celestron.
- In the late 1950s, Tom Johnson, founder of Valor Electronics, built a telescope from scratch to introduce his sons to the wonders of stargazing. What began as a hobby soon grew to be Johnson’s driving passion, and in 1960, he formed an Astro-Optical Division within his company. That department eventually became Celestron. For more than 50 years, Celestron has continued to lead the market, creating dozens of revolutionary new products including telescopes, sport optics, and microscopes. With more than 80 employees around the world, Celestron remains guided by our founding principles as we commit to ever-increasing global growth. Today, we still produce our flagship product—the 14-inch Edge HD optical tube—at our headquarters in Torrance, California, using Tom Johnson’s signature method.
Celestron SkyProdigy 130 Reflector Telescope, Tripod, Finderscope, Accessory Tray, Motorized Altazimuth Mount, 9 & 25mm Eyepieces, "The Sky" Astronomy Software
Dimensions & Specifications
Focal Length of Eyepiece 1:
Magnification of Eyepiece 1:
Focal Length of Eyepiece 2:
Magnification of Eyepiece 2:
Highest Useful Magnification:
Lowest Useful Magnification:
Limiting Stellar Magnitude:
1.07 arc seconds
0.89 arc seconds
Light Gathering Power:
Apparent Field of View:
Linear Field of View:
103 ft @ 1000 Yards
Secondary Mirror Obstruction:
Aluminum w/Si02 Overcoat
9 Slew Speeds
Sidereal, Solar, & Lunar
StarSense Automatic Alignment, Solar System Align, Manual Align
Celestron 2 Year Warranty
DocumentationDownload Celestron SkyProdigy Telescope Information Sheet
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Celestron has a limited lifetime binocular and spotting scope warranty and all other products have a 2 year manufacturer's warranty covers against defects is provided. If you have specific questions about this product's warranty please contact Celestron's Customer Service department at 310-328-9560.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.