- The FLIR Scout II 240 Thermal Monocular is a compact, thermal handheld camera that gives you clear, crisp thermal imagery from dawn to dusk and through the dead of night. If you can't bear to miss a thing while exploring the great outdoors, the Scout II is your ticket to experience the night as never before.
See At Night In Any Terrain
- Scout II detects heat signatures of people, animals, and terrain up to 550 yards away, depending on model. The bright 640 x 480 pixel LCD screen displays the crisp and clear thermal imagery LCD screen in total darkness, with better scene contrast than I2 night vision.
Grag and Go Simplicity
- Scout II starts up in seconds, requiring no training. Its menu is easy to use (Power, Polarity, Zoom, and LCD Brightness) and features either Freeze Frame (240 model) or 2X e-zoom (320 model). Scout II also offers a choice of detection palettes (White Hot, Black Hot, and InstAlert™) and a utility light for visual assitance at night.
Compact & Rugged
- Scout II fits easily in the palm of your hand or in any pack. Its rugged, weather-tight shell weighs only 12 ounces, but withstands hard drops and shallow water.
- Export of this device described herein is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, as prescribed in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Title 22, Code of Federal Regulations, Parts 120-130, and/or by the U.S. Department of Commerce Bureau of Industry Security, as prescribed in the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Title 15, Code of Federal Regulations, Parts 730-780.
- Palettes - Choice of White/Black Hot, and InstAlert™.
- Pocket Portable - Small and lightweight to carry with you anywhere.
- Rechargeable Batteries - 5-hour Rechargeable Li-Ion battery.
- Waterproof - Protective housing and rubber armor adds optimal protecion.
- LCD Display - 640 x 480 LCD Display with brightness adjustment.
- FLIR 2-10 Warranty - Unique warranty covers parts & labor for 2 years, and the detector for 10.
- Made In The USA!
About FLIR, The World's Sixth Sense
- FLIR Systems, Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, markets, and distributes technologies that enhance perception and awareness. FLIR brings innovative sensing solutions into daily life through their thermal imaging systems, visible-light imaging systems, locator systems, measurement and diagnostic systems, and advanced threat detection systems. FLIR products improve the way people interact with the world around them, enhance public safety and well-being, increase energy efficiency, and enable healthy and entertained communities. Pioneers in thermal imaging, we were founded in 1978, originally providing infrared imaging systems that were installed on vehicles for use in conducting energy audits. Today our advanced systems and components are used for a wide variety of thermal imaging, situational awareness, and security applications, including airborne and ground-based surveillance, condition monitoring, navigation, recreation, research and development, manufacturing process control, search and rescue, drug interdiction, transportation safety and efficiency, border and maritime patrol, environmental monitoring, and chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and explosives threat detection.
FLIR Scout II Thermal Monocular, USB Power Adapter, Wrist Strap, Custom Video Out Cable, USB Cable, Quick Start Guide, Case
Dimensions & Specifications
240 x 180 VOx Microbolometer
Range to Detect a Man:
Video Refresh Rate:
Field of View (H x V):
24° × 18° NTSC
< 1.5 Seconds
7.5 - 13.5 μm
FLIR Proprietary Digital Detail Enhancement™
640 x 480 LCD Display
Internal Li-Ion Cell
-4°F to 104°F (-20°C to 40°C)
-40°F to 140°F (-40°C to 60°C)
1 m drop
6.7" x2.3"x 2.4"
FLIR 2-10 Year Limited
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
FLIR warrants, from the purchase date, that all products will conform to FLIR’s published product specifications and be free from defects in materials and workmanship during the applicable Warranty Period.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.