The Levenhuk 50L NG teaching biological microscope.
This excellent biological microscope is ideal for use in schools or colleges as well as for your own research of microworld.
- Superb production quality: case and elements are all metal, not plastic.
- Focusing mechanism and stage move smoothly, without jerks or backlash.
- Rotatable head can be fixed in any position, which makes observation much more convenient.
- Eyepieces, objectives and all other optical elements are multi-coated and highly transparent.
Thanks to all these features, the microscope for biology studies provides the extremely high image quality and long microscope life without any special maintenance.
Magnification depends on the objectives (located below) and eyepieces (located above) being used.
The set includes two eyepieces and three objectives as well as Barlow lens, which allows to smoothly change the magnification ratio.
- Eyepieces: 10x; 16x
- Objectives: 4x, 10x and 40x
- Barlow lens: magnification 2x
Minimum magnification: Eyepiece 10x * Objective 4x = 40x
Maximum magnification: Eyepiece 16x * Objective 40x = 640x, and with Barlow lens magnification smoothly reaches 640*2.0 = 1280x
This biological microscope is distinguished by an important feature - two built-in illumination systems with adjustable brightness. Both illuminations are LED, which ensures minimal energy consumption yet still providing sufficient light.
Illumination systems are located above and below the stage, and allow observing both transparent and opaque objects: from tiny solid particles to coins, paper, fabrics, etc. (It would be fascinating to observe a mobile phone screen - actually, each pixel consists of three segments, red, green and blue.)
The microscope features a 220V DC adapter, for stationary observations without batteries.
The kit includes:
- Microscope with 4x, 10x and 40x objectives
- Two eyepieces 10x; 16x
- Barlow lens 2x to be used for smooth change of the magnification
- Stage with clips
- 5-position illumination control
- Built-in upper and lower LED illumination
- AC adapter (110-220V 50 Hz AC)
- Durable plastic case for the microscope and accessories
- "Attractive Microscope. Scrutinizing the Microcosm" User Guide
- Hatchery for brine shrimp
- Microtome (tool for making fine slices for observation; allows to get specimen slices of sub-millimeter thickness).
- Flask with yeast
- Flask with pitch for making specimens
- Flask with sea salt
- Flask with brine shrimp (a sea organism used as a food source for fish)
- 5 ready-to-use specimens
- User manual and warranty
- Magnification, x 40-1280
- Nosepiece monocular
- Objectives magnification 4x, 10x and 40x
- Barlow lens 2x
- Eyepiece magnification 10x and 16x
- Linear field in the images space, mm 18
- Tube length, mm 160
- Stage with clips
- Stage moving range, using focusing mechanism, mm 0 to 15
- Illumination LED
- Power supply 110-220V, 50 Hz AC (adapter)
Ships to most international destinations, APOs, and FPOs.
Dimensions & Specifications
Microscopes for Enthusiasts
Levenhuk Microscopes Microscopes Series
12 Years and up
Marketplace Color Code
DocumentationDownload the Levenhuk 50L NG Microscope User Manual
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Default manufacturer warranty.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of