Levenhuk D50L NG Digital Microscope allows you to take on high-quality research as well as take photos/videos of your observations. This model can be connected to a PC. Levenhuk D50L NG uses a USB interface, and software that is included in the kit.
This microscope is designed to provide the best possible color rendition when capturing photo and video images and enables viewing images in the true colors.
Levenhuk D50L NG Digital Microscope was developed for use in schools, colleges and universities. This model features glass optics, unlike the less expensive analogs. The main advantage is two sets of illumination (upper and lower) which allow observing both slices and non-transparent objects (from the tiniest solid particles to coins, etc.).
Apart from observing and image capturing on the PC screen, it is also possible to make observations in the visual mode without a camera, since two eyepieces (10x and 16x) are included in the package.
Levenhuk D50L NG Digital Microscope is widely used as the modern equipment of choice in various educational institutions.
A USB cable is used as the camera power supply and for connection with a PC. Compatible OS: Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7/8.
Magnification depends on the objectives (located below) and eyepieces (located above) being used.
The set includes two eyepieces and three objectives as well as Barlow lens which allows to smoothly change the magnification ratio.
The minimum magnification is: Eyepiece 10x * Objective 4x = 40x
Maximum magnification is: Eyepiece 16x * Objective 40x = 640x, and with Barlow lens magnification smoothly reaches 640*2.0 = 1280x!
The built-in LED illumination is characterized by minimal power consumption while still providing sufficient light. Power supply - adapter AC 220V. The main advantage of the Levenhuk D50L NG is the highest quality of the optical elements and metallic construction. These materials provide high-quality images and make the microscope long lasting (for at least 30 years).
This microscope is designed with important features - lower illumination with adjustable brightness and removable upper illumination. Both illuminations are LED, which ensures the minimal power consumption yet gives ample light.
Illumination systems are located above and below the stage, and allow observing both transparent and opaque objects: from the tiny solid particles to coins, paper, fabrics, etc. (It would be fascinating to observe a mobile phone screen under the D50L NG - actually, each pixel consists of three segments, red, green and blue.)
The kit includes:
- Microscope with 4x, 10x and 40x objectives
- Digital camera Levenhuk DEM130
- Two eyepieces: 10x; 16x
- Barlow lens: magnification 2x
- SETUP CD MiniSee ScopePhoto (auto setup guide, drivers, software for image visualization, fixation and processing)
- USB cable
- Coordinate moving stage
- "Attractive Microscope. Scrutinizing the Microcosm" User Guide
- Hatchery for brine shrimp
- Microtome (tool for making fine slices for observation; allows obtaining specimen slices of sub-millimeter thickness)
- Flask with yeast
- Flask with pitch for making specimens
- Flask with sea salt
- Flask with brine shrimp (a sea organism used as a food source for fish)
- 5 ready-to-use specimens and 5 clean slides
- Built-in upper illumination
- User manual and warranty
Observing non-transparent objects
Levenhuk D50L NG Digital Microscope, unlike other teaching microscopes, is equipped with two built-in illuminations. Illumination systems are located above and below the stage, and allow observing both transparent and opaque objects.
The microscope features a 220V AC adapter, for stationary observations without batteries.
Levenhuk D50L NG specifications
- Magnification, x 40-640
- Magnification with Barlow lens, x 40-1280
- Objectives magnification 4x, 10x and 40x
- Magnification of eyepieces 10x; 16x
- Linear field in the images space, mm 18
- Tube length, mm 160
- Stage dimensions, mm 95x95
- Stage moving range, using focusing mechanis, mm 0 to 15
- Power supply AC adapter
- Illumination LED
Levenhuk Digital Camera specifications
- Camera model DEM130
- MAX resolution (quiet) 1280x1024
- Megapixels 1.3
- Sensor 1/4" CMOS
- Pixel size 2.8x2.8
- Speed 15 fps
- Video recording yes
- Active range 68dB
- Usage location ocular tube (not eyepiece)
- Image format .bmp, .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .tif, .tiff, .gif, .psd, .ico, .emf, etc.
- Field of view diameter 18 mm
- Spectral range 400-650 nm
- Method of exposure ERS (Electronic Rolling Shutter)
- White balance auto/manual
- Exposure control auto/manual
- Programmable options image size, brightness, exposure time
- USB features USB 2.0, 480 Mb/s
- System requirements Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7/8; USB port
- Software USB 2.0 driver, ScopePhoto
- Temperature range, °C -30... 70
- °F -22... 158
- Weight, kg 2
- lbs 4.4
Dimensions & Specifications
Microscopes for Enthusiasts
Levenhuk Microscopes Microscopes Series
12 Years and up
DocumentationDownload the Levenhuk D50L NG Microscope User Manual
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
Default manufacturer warranty.
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Most Helpful Reviews
Most Critical Reviews
Displaying Reviews 1-10 of