Our Price: $9.99
The Steiner 8x22 Safari Ultrasharp Binoculars from the popular Outdoor Series, provides world-class optical technology and adventure-loving construction can provide. Every hike, cruise, outing and event has its own unforgettable high point. Every traveler, sports enthusiast, and active participant in anything needs a good pair of binoculars to see, understand and enjoy more. The Steiner Safari Ultrasharp Series Binoculars are the ones you need. Steiner’s world-renowned image clarity, accurate color, low-light capability and field-proven toughness ensure maximum performance from your optics – and more pleasure from your pursuit of adventure.
- Roof Prism Design - Extremely light-weight and compact, making them easy to pack
- Center Focus System - Central focusing wheel is precise, quiet, & requires minimal rotation
- High Contrast (CAT) - Specially coated optics provie the highest light transmission, edge to edge
- Advanced UV - High-contrast coatings provide optimal performance espcially around water
- ClicLoc System - Attaches & releases your neck-strap instantly with the push of a button
- N-2 Injection System - Seals in nitrogen for water and fog-proof clarity in all conditions
- Makolon® Housing - Durable NBR poly-carbonate chasis can withstand 11G's of impact
- 9.8 ft Close Focus - Allows you to see incredible detail only feet in front of you
- Fold-Down Eyecups - Cuts out stray-light and provides comfort for eye/sunglass wearers
- 8x Magnification - A nature-lovers favorite provides steady viewing and a wide field-of-view
- Heritage Lifetime Warranty - No fault, tranfsferable warranty
Safari 8x22 Ultrasharp Binoculars, Case, Neck Strap
Dimensions & Specifications
Objective Lens Diameter:
Field of View:
377 ft @ 1000 yards
Angle of View:
High Contrast CAT
NBR Long Life
4.1" x 4.3" x 1.9"
Steiner Heritage Lifetime Warranty
We stand behind all the products we sell, and your satisfaction is our top priority. If you're not satisfied with the quality of your purchase, simply send the item back to us in its original packaging within 30 days of its delivery.
For the lifetime of the product, Steiner will repair or replace the product at no charge to you if it becomes damaged or defective for any reason other than theft or deliberate misuse..
Return & Exchange Policy
At our site, returns are easy! You may return new, unused, and resalable items for a refund or exchange. Simply ensure that the item is returned in its original product packaging within 30 days of delivery.
Q1: Are blue tinted objective lenses used in military service because of the little reflection produced? Do other tints create more visible reflection thus possible being seen by the enemy?
A: That is correct.
Q2: Are these auto focus? If yes, are there any disadvantages as opposed to adjustable binoculars? Are theses binoculars too powerful for viewing sports such as football, baseball, or basketball?
A: These are not "Auto-Focus" binoculars, but "Individual Focus". You adjust the diopter of each eyepiece to your vision and then they require no further adjustments. They are not too powerful for sporting events. In fact, an 8x binocular is typically the most recommended for stadium sports.
Q3: Are these binoculars suitable for use with glasses?
A: Absolutely, the measurement to keep in mind when buying binoculars and wearing glasses is called the eye relief. For comfortable viewing through the binocular while wearing glasses you will need an eye relief measurement of 15mm or greater. These have an eye relief of 20mm.
Q4: Could you give me a low light comparison of the 8x30 military marine, the 8x30 predator and the 8x30 safari?
A: Steiner's 8x30 Predator, Military/Marine and Safari binoculars have similar low-light capabilities, though the Predators and M/Ms are a tiny bit brighter because of the UV/Glare blocking coating on the Safaris.
Q5: Is a reticle inside? Is the image color-neutral, or is a yellow or greenish tint visible?
A: These do not have a reticle, the Military R is the Steiner version that does. There is a slight greenish tint with these but it is almost imperceptible to the naked eye.
Q6: What do these weigh? Are these what I would want for a safari?
A: Steiner's 8x30 Military-Marine binoculars weigh 18 ounces. They're small and will do a nice job on a safari. Just make sure you focus each eyepiece at 50 yards before you set out, and you shouldn't have to mess with focusing again that day.
Q7: What is the minimum distance that these glasses may be focused?
A: The close focus works out to be approximately 10ft.